AWS stands for Amazon Web Service. It is basically a type of a cloud service introduced by Amazon. This service provides utilities that form the building blocks to create as well as deploy any kind of app in the cloud.
Different domains of AWS
DevOps engineers on Amazon AWS Hosting categorize different type of utilities contained in AWS under a specific domain. Few of the domains that are widely used are mentioned below as:
- Management Tools
- Network delivery and Content
- Security and Identity Compliance
This domain includes utilities that are related to computation of workloads that include following services:
- EC2 or Elastic Compute Cloud
- Elastic Beanstalk
- Amazon LightSail
This domain comprises of services that are related to data storage. Following services are included in this domain
- S3 or Simple Storage Service
- Amazon Glacier
- Elastic Block Store
- AWS Snowball
This domain is basically used for all workloads related to database. The services included in this domain are:
- Amazon Aurora
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon RDS
- Amazon RedShift
This domain is primarily used for data transfer data to / from the Amazon web service Infrastructure. Following are the services included in this utility.
- AWS database migration utility
- AWS SnowBall
The Networking and Content Delivery
This domain is basically used for isolating the network infrastructure. Content delivery feature helps in quick delivery of website content. This service includes:
- AWS CloudFront
- Amazon Route 53
The Management Tools domain
This domain comprises of a set of services that effectively manages other services present in AWS. Some of them being:
- AWS CloudWatch
- AWS CloudTrail
- AWS CloudFomation
The Security and Identity Compliance domain
All the services that help in efficient management of authentication are contained in this domain. It also provides security to the AWS resources. Following are the services contained in this domain:
- AWS IAM
- AWS Shield
- AWS KMS
The Messaging domain
This domain comprises of services that are used for notifying, queuing, or emailing messages. This domain comprises of a few other domains:
- Amazon SQS
- Amazon SES
- Amazon SNS
- Amazon Pinpoint
What is the procedure to sign up on AWS?
There are a few steps that you need to carry out to sign-up on AWS.
- Visit aws.amazon.com. Now click on “Create an AWS Account”
- Select the option “I am a new customer.” Here you need to enter your complete email address. Now click on Sign In.
- This will open a page wherein you need to enter all important personal and account related information. Now click on “Create Account”
- Enter your chosen payment method details (debit or credit card) on this page. Once you are done, you can click on “”
- Verify your contact number. Enter the details. Click on “Call me ”
- This will help you receive a phone call from AWS. You will have to enter a pin. Select your AWS plan and click on
- This creates your AWS account.
Amazon web service comprises of utilities that are designed in a way that it works together and result in highly scalable and sophisticated apps. If you don’t have an account yet, follow these steps and get it today!!